Rashami Desai aka Divya Desai is an Indian actress, model, and dancer. She is famous for her role as Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore in the serial “Uttran” aired on Colors TV. Apart from Hindi Entertainment Industry, she is also active in Bhojpuri Films.
She is also famous for her participation in Colors Channer Reality Show Bigg Boss. She was a part of Bigg Boss Season 13 and now she is a new Wild Card Entry for Bigg Boss Season 15 in 2021.
Social Media Stats
Full / Real Name
Screen Name / Nickname
Actress, Model and Dancer
Date of Birth
13 February 1986
35 Years As of 2021
Nagaon, Assam, India
Nagaon, Assam, India
JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai
University or College
Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics
Diploma and B.E in Information Science
$1.5 million dollars
Morphology Of Rashami Desai
Personal Life of Rashami Desai
Rashami Desai was born in a Hindu family on Thursday, 13 February 1986 in Nagaon, Assam. She has ancestral origins from Gujrat India. Her Father’s name is Late Ajay Desai, Mother is Rasila Desai who is a teacher. He also has a younger brother, Gaurav Desai.
Ajay Desai (Late)
Gaurav Desai (Younger Brother)
Manya Sandhu (Daughter)
Relationships and Affairs
Rashami Desai is Divorced and single for now. She was married to his Co-Star Nandish Sandhu from Uttran on 12 February 2012. But this marriage didn’t last and ended up in 2015. After her divorce, she was linked with Laksh Lalwani, Siddharth Shukla, and Arhaan Khan.
Rashami started with TV shows & some B Grade films. She acted in Assamese, Telugu, Bhojpuri, Gujarati & Hindi films. In 2009, Rashami portrayed the negative role of Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore in the serial “Uttran” aired on Colors TV. This was a turning point in her career. This show and role gained her huge popularity.
She has featured in many reality shows including “Comedy Circus,” “Maha Sangram,” “Zara Nachke Dikha,” “Crime Patrol,” “Big Money,” “Kitchen Champion Season 2,” “Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala,” and “Jhalak Dikhhla Ja.”
She has acted in many Bhojpuri films like “Balma Bada Naadan,” “Gazab Bhail Rama,” “Gabbar Singh,” “Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna,” “Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail,” and “Tohse Pyar Ba.”
In 2012, Rashami made a special appearance in the Bollywood film “Dabangg 2.” She is also famous for her participation in Colors Channer Reality Show Bigg Boss. She was a part of Bigg Boss Season 13 and now she is a new Wild Card Entry for Bigg Boss Season 15 in 2021.
- Rashami told in an interview that Sandhu had disrespected her and had abused her for 3 years. This statement ignited controversy between her Ex-husband, Nandish Sandhu.
- Rashami accused the website, India Forums, of creating and portraying a negative image of her in the public.
- In 2013, Rashami revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage during the show Nach Baliye 7. This was declined by her Ex-Husband Nandish Sandhu.
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress in Negative Role Popular (2010)
- BIG Star Entertainment Award for Best Television Actor Female (2010)
- Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in Negative Role (2010)
- Indian Telly Award for Most Popular Negative Actor Female (2010)
- Apsara Award for Best Negative Actress (2011)
- Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in Negative Role (2011)
- Colors Golden Petal Award for Best Onscreen Jodi with Siddharth Shukla (2017)
Favorite and Beloved Things
Pizza and Stuffed Aubergines (Brinjal)
Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan
Madhuri Dixit and Alia Bhatt
Las Vegas, Switzerland, Paris, Amsterdam, Haridwar
Atif Aslam and Salena Gomez
Favorite Book / Magazine
Interest & Hobbies
Dancing, Driving, Travelling, Swimming, Watching News Channels
Facts About Rashami Desai
- In 2013, Rashami got pregnant but unfortunately suffered from a miscarriage.
- Her real name is Divya Desai but later she adopted the name, Rashami Desai.
- After completing her studies, she worked in many B Grade films.
- She very good Dancer, and she masters the dance form of Bharatanatyam and Kathak.
- Rashmi has a Lotus Flower’s Tattoo on her right ankle.
- She loves Dogs and She has a dog, named Oreo.
- Rashami revealed that she was suffering from psoriasis.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.